Single Battery Can Power Your Off Grid Cabin For More Than 500 Years

These nanowire-enhanced electrodes can withstand 200,000 cycles without losing capacity. Making the battery essentially last a lifetime before needing replacement. Typical rechargeable batteries in cellphones, computers, and cars only last a few thousand cycles before they can no longer be charged completely and their capacity is severely diminished. At which point you’d need to go buy a new battery. This new battery technology could power computers, cell phones, cars and technically it could power your off grid home with a large enough battery system. They are even saying it could power spacecraft. This is truly space age technology that you could use for your off grid home battery pack!

Imagine a battery pack which powers your home, stores solar energy, that you never have to replace because it lasts so long.

200,000 cycles, (figuring 1 cycle per day; 365 cycles per year = 547.94 years) is the equivalent of just under 550 years of power. WOW!

nanowire batterie gel electrolyte

Gold nanowires were surrounded by an electrodeposited layer of Plexiglas-like gel called propylene carbonate, which has a thickness of between 143 and 300 nanometers. Identical capacitors without the gel show cycle stabilities ranging from 2000 to 8000 cycles. With it, the nanowires stood up to 200,000 recharges.

Source: ComputerWorld

“Thai, the study’s leader, cycled the nanowire-enhanced electrode up to 200,000 times over three months without detecting any loss of capacity or power and without fracturing any nanowires.

“All nanowire capacitors can be extended from 2000 to 8000 cycles to more than 100,000 cycles, simply by replacing a liquid electrolyte with a… gel electrolyte,” the researchers wrote in their paper.

The result: commercial batteries that could last a lifetime in computers, smartphones, appliances, cars and spacecraft.”  ~ ComputerWorld

This is new technology, still being developed, but it’s promising new off grid battery tech that could be used for sustainable living and homesteading.

Imagine NEVER having to replace your battery bank energy storage system.

Now that’s some serious off grid tech.

Like us on Facebook Here.

We love to hear tips and suggestions from you guys! We love doing DIY homesteading projects and becoming more self-reliant by learning more about how everything works around the homestead. That’s why Off Grid Survival Guru was created. We want all folks looking to lead a self-sufficient life, either on a homestead or in an urban environment, to come together and learn from each other! Of course, we welcome your help in creating a community of homesteaders.  Come and share your homesteading tips and ideas, recipes and expect the best advice on self-reliance and homesteading trials from our team of long-time homesteaders, self-reliant wilderness, and preparedness experts. Want to write for Off Grid Survival Guru? Shoot us an e mail and make sure to stay in touch on FacebookTwitter, and Pinterest!

***

Find everything you need to fill up your BOB on Amazon Untitled

11 thoughts on “Single Battery Can Power Your Off Grid Cabin For More Than 500 Years

• May 19, 2016 at 6:31 pm

Just one question, where can I get them?

• May 19, 2016 at 11:59 pm

Where can I purchase this?

• May 20, 2016 at 2:38 am

how can i get these

• May 20, 2016 at 5:30 pm

Did you make this up, or can they really be purchased somewhere?

• May 20, 2016 at 6:50 pm

Send me a couple for my off grid

• May 22, 2016 at 1:23 am

I’d like to get a couple of these to start

• May 22, 2016 at 3:04 pm

They are in the possibility mode now not for sale at this point in time

• May 24, 2016 at 5:20 pm

I want them when available.

• May 24, 2016 at 6:25 pm

these are once again somthing that will never get to large scale production, they will never make money that way if you don’t have to replace them they can only sell you one set and then it will be to high cost buing a set

• May 25, 2016 at 9:47 pm

Look, there is a simple machine that will power anything until the parts break down. My great-grandfather was an inventor. His daughter, my grandmother, was a genius. She inspired me to think outside the box. I told her I wanted to be an inventor and she said to do that you would have to ask yourself what the world needs most. So, when I was 11 I thought of how two magnets facing north to north, or south to south, would repel one-another. My grandfather explained how a magneto worked and it seemed obvious to me that if you put a single coil of magnets in a circular fashion inside of another circle of magnets facing the opposite direction, they could be used to push a turbine. Years have passed and through a lot of searching on youtube I have found that I was not alone in this conclusion. It works! It’s free energy. The bearings wear down over time, but for all intents and purposes, the engine drives itself for a very long time. Look around on the web for videos and you will find them. You don’t need a battery in progress. If you can buy a used alternator and are handy, you can build a device that will power your entire home for free. Obviously, this technology undermines the energy producing industry and would therefore collapse our economy as it is centered around the tie between gas, oil, and the dollar. So, you won’t hear much about this anywhere. Frankly, I get it. I used to think it was a conspiracy to keep us all broke paying for gas, but in reality it’s all about protecting our whole country from economic chaos and the zombie apocalypse–lol… In all seriousness, as messed up as it sounds, it IS about keeping this country from falling into utter mayhem. BUT, as a means of back-up power, survival, and escaping tyranny, this energy source IS the future. After I realized how this might affect our nation, about 20 years ago, I decided not to talk about it for a while. However, given the current state of affairs and personally being right on the money in terms of some predictions I’ve made, I think it’s time people start catching on. Now, don’t get me wrong–I’m no psychic and I don’t claim to be one, but I see trends. If anyone reading this ever bothered to play chess as a kid, you know what I mean–watching the long game. You have to learn to see a few moves down the road. I encourage you to look for what it is that I’m talking about, discreetly if possible. Learn what you can because I sincerely believe the time when this technology will be absolutely life-saving is just around the corner. God bless!